For the past few months, Koji (Luke's dad) and I have been working on a top secret project codenamed "Charlie." If you promise not to tell anyone else, I'll tell you about it...
Charlie is (supposed to be) a barcode reader. So far, I have gone thru three machines. The first one (depicted below) was destroyed in a tragic accident.
The second one worked well - except I forgot to take any pictures of it! Oh, well. A couple of weeks ago, my mom got me a new Mindstorms NXT kit (the newest, best one available.) Problem - all of its parts are attached in a different manner than the old ones. Solution? Machine #3...

If you look closely in the above picture, you'll see that the illustration on that card in the machine seems to be looking at the laser beam passing thru its tail.
This third one was taken a bit later, after gaining all of its various panels designed to keep the laser within the confines of the "gadget."
However, despite all this progress, the unit is not ready for use because:
- There is no light sensor installed (yet.)
- This thing still sends hazardous laser light all over the place. Hence all the panels. This is quite apparent in this photograph:

The splotch(es) on the left is the reflection of our holofoil (and hence reflective) object. The one on the upper right comes from the diffuser that I am using to make a vertical(ish) straight(ish) line on my object.
Note that this image has been altered to improve the contrast between black and red.
No comments:
Post a Comment